Monday, July 28, 2008

Puppy Love Reverse Applique

OK, so here is a super fun (and quick) way to embellish a plain knit t-shirt using the reverse applique method. I used the Puppy Love Applique image from the blog of Anna Maria Horner.
Here's how I did it:
You simply place another knit material on the inside of the shirt (flowered fabric, right side up) and pin it to the front (where you want the puppy). I then printed out the puppy, cut it out and pinned it to the front through the two layers of knit. Simply use a small straight stitch and sew around the image through the two layers of fabric. Then cut out the top layer of fabric (pink) close to your stitching line, and trim away the excess material from the inside. I trimmed mine about a 1/2" away from the stitching (the flowered fabric).
And there you have it... a super cute puppy t-shirt!
~Jessica

1 comment:

Home Ec Diva said...

Cute shirt. I used to use this technique and zig-zag around the edges. This is so much easier.