Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vintage Sheet Quilt 1

This past week I have started on a quilt using some of the vintage sheets from the swap. I am making a center square with 8 different sheet fabrics and 1 white (randomly placed in each block), and then surrounding the block with a wide border of white. The fabrics have been organized into 7 different groups with the main colors being blue, green, orange, yellow, red, and 2 different groups of flowered prints.
The size of the squares are 3.5" and the border is 4.5", so that makes for a large square (17.5" unfinished) . I'm hoping that the large expanses of white are going to look good when this is all put together.






I'm thinking that the white square in each block needs to have a little something... maybe an embroidered flower?

~Jessica

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

what type of quilt would you call this? I have been looking for a pattern similar to the one you are using for this quilt... and I cant seem to find one. Any suggestions?