Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Puppy love scrappy quilt

This was such a fun project to make because it went together so quickly (and I do love quilts that go together fast!) I used a bunch of left over pieces from other projects and it really didn't matter to me what color they were or which ones they were next to. I also used the Puppy Love Applique from Anna Maria Horner and added a butterfly for the puppies to be chasing. I think the end result is so cheerful. Now I use it for a picnic blanket or to let my baby play on when were out and about. - Jennifer

8 comments:

jona said...

This is cute times ten! Look at those puppies!
It amazes me that you are able to make quilts so fast. Mine should be done in a decade or so.

Jessica Levitt said...

OMG, that it the cutest quilt i've seen in a long time. The puppies are just precious and not trying to be "too much" if you know what I mean.

Love it!

Jamie H said...

Hi, I am new to your blog! I love this quilt, sometimes the best quilts are the ones that don't "match" I love scrappy quilts!

Jamie

momawake said...

Very cute quilt! What size are the rectangles?

twin fibers said...

You are all so sweet - thanks for the nice comments! The sizes of the rectangles are 7 3/4" x 3 1/2" finished. Hope you all have a great day! - Jennifer

amandajean said...

I love the quilt. so bright and cheery. I do love a quilt that comes together quickly, too!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

I love a quick quilt too! The scrappiness is great :)

ThreadBeaur said...

What a great quilt! It looks lovely on that cart! Nice work with the little dog appliques! Great idea.