Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Summertime quilt in progress - embroidery





Hello!

Well, its been a while since I posted anything on this quilt. The embroidery is finally taking shape - it takes such a long time! (but well worth it I think) I work on it here and there so it is slowing coming to life. Thought you would like to see a few pictures of it. Has anyone done a scalloped boarder on their quilts before? I'm thinking about adding another boarder that is scalloped and didn't quite know how to go about doing it. I still would like to bind it the traditional way, but maybe that would not look as good if I add another boarder... any ideas? -Jennifer

8 comments:

Artsy Momma said...

I found a good tutorial about adding scalloped edges, but it is to clothes so I dont know if this will help a lot but it might be a start.

http://vainandvapid.blogspot.com/2008/10/scalloped-edge-tutorial.html

Miss 376 said...

This quilt looks gorgeous, the embroidery really adds to it

Jacki said...

Its looking great!! Thanks for sharing!!

M said...

It is beautiful...the colors are wonderful.

Captain Momma said...

My first quilt I ever did was a baby quilt with scalloped edges! I used bias tape to bind the edges and it worked wonderfully. I had to pin it all first and tuck it in neatly at the "corners" for lack of a better term, but for my first quilt it really turned out beautifully. The scallops were larger, maybe 4-6" across? can't really remember as I gave it away.
Good luck, beautiful embroidery.

twin fibers said...

Thank you everyone for such nice comments and ideas! I think I'll give the scallops a try, that is after all the embroidery... - Jennifer

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Your embroidery is beautiful! And I think scallops would be darling :)

WendyLou said...

Your embroidery work is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!!