Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"before and after" chair

BEFORE

I mentioned this project a while back, but never put any pictures up of it- so here are a couple! It's not even done yet- I wanted to have it completed for my son's first birthday party this past Sunday, but not enough time with all the cleaning and making of food :) It needs a little "skirt" to cover up the upholstery below the cushin as you can see, but was finished enough for the party. I used Amy Butler's upholstery weight fabric and some pretty green corduroy for the piping. It was kind of fun to rip apart the old covering to make the pattern - not as hard as what I thought it would be. - Jennifer

AFTER

1 comment:

John said...

I LOVE this! Finding an old chair (or, ideally, a pair) at the Goodwill or something and reupholstering it in some fun new home dec fabrics (Drawing Room or County Fair or Ginseng) has been on my to-do list, but I'm quite intimidated. Yours came out great! I'm a tad bit jealous ...