Sunday, November 23, 2008

Little deer circle table mat

I just love Christmas time! Much to my husbands dismay, I've been playing Christmas music in the car for a while now... Anyway, driving home last night from my sisters house, I was trying to come up with something that I could make quick and that would use up some of the scraps that I had. So, searching through the scrap bag at 11:00pm last night, I pulled out all the green/pink/red ones and a vintage sheet I found at the thrift store (the ruffly boarder is the sheet- great colors huh!?!) and here is what came of it!
Using a round platter was great to use as the template!

The little deer are cut from scraps and using "wonder under" and are ironed to the topper with some hand stitching of grass around their hoofs. I ended up using white Kona cotton for the top circle and backing with it all bound together with some Amy Butler dot fabric- no batting inside this one to keep it pretty flat and I didn't want to do a lot of quilting on it. I'd love to make a tree skirt to match - we'll see if time allows! - Jennifer

1 comment:

Kerri said...

This is so adorable!!! I was wondering if you could share your measurements and how you did this??