Thursday, November 13, 2008

My first quilt

O.K., so this is kind of humorous. I started this quilt about 10 years ago; I can't believe it either! I started making it for my daughter before she was born and I tried to make it for either a boy or a girl, so I must have thought the colors of lavender and yellow would work good together.
When I looked at it this summer, I was so surprised at the fabrics. They are so thin and see through! It really helped to add the batting and backing, but I think fabric quality has improved drastically over the past 10 years!

I'm actually just glad that I finished it. Even though I don't really care for the prints or colors anymore, I guess it's just good that it is completed. :)
~Jessica


3 comments:

erica e said...

way to go, finishing an old project!
its true. colors come and go in popularity and i worry aobut putting so much work into something that i may not like the colors of in a few years.
this has a nice scrappy look to it. and i don't think you can go wrong there.

Calico Road said...

Haha, i just found my first quilt unfinished in my cabinet this weekend. Still wondering 8 yrs later if i should bother finishing it. Maybe i'll take you're advice and just get it done finally! Super cute quilt by the way!

Tiff said...

WOW i'm impressed! I haven't attempted my first quilt yet. I'm not sure what i'm afraid of.