Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ruffle Pants and Grab Bags

I've started making some Christmas gifts and here is a pair of ruffle pants that I put together in the past couple of days. I think they're so cute and the pattern is from Sandi Henderson. The pattern was really simple to follow, and if I had a serger, they would have been even easier to do. :) The size I made is the 18-24 mo. size, but I think I'm going to have to make them in a larger size. I thought they would be really baggy, but they look like they are more fitted through the waist. I'll have to see if I can try them on the lucky recipient before Christmas. :)

This is a bag pattern called a "Grab Bag". You can find the pattern at a website called allpeoplequilt.com. I was looking through my fabric stash and couldn't find anything fall like, so I sewed together a charm pack of Flutterby fabric to make the outside of the bag. This bag is unusual because it has one strap shorter than the other. You slip the longer strap through the shorter strap and hold it with the longer strap. I added pockets to the inside with more squares from the charm. I turned out to be a cute little tote bag for fall.


I'd also like to share some exciting news from our family. We're expecting the arrival of baby #3 in about 24 weeks!! Things have been going well, so far. I have been starting to feel better, so hopefully I will feel like creating some new things in the next few weeks. The new fabric order I placed yesterday should help with that! :)


~Jessica


12 comments:

Jodie said...

Congratulations on your exciting news!

John said...

Congrats, Jessica! And I love your grab bag!

Katie said...

ohmygosh! how exciting, you keep a good secret girl!

Congrats to the whole family!!

John said...

P.S. Does this mean that we'll be making baby blocks for your SewConnected month? : )

Michelle said...

Congrats! And I love the bag...I have a download of the pattern already, and a Flutterby charm pack...I'm feeling strangely inspired!

Harley Dee said...

Congrats on the new baby!! And your projects looks great, especially those ruffly little pants. I'm off to check out All People Quilt! :)

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better :) I've had the bag pattern for a while but have yet to make it. . . I did complete/post a quilt in flutterby today - love those vibrant colors.

Pikku- Kettu said...

Congratulations!

Tiff said...

Congratulations!!!! I love the bag. I'm going to have to try that pattern out. It would make a great Christmas gift!

Jacki said...

Ok... I'll bite! If that very cute outfit you are making is for my little girl I can't wait to seem them!

I am glad you are feeling well! Take care!

M said...

Congrats!!! 24 weeks will be flying by.

I love your creations...they are both adorable.

twin fibers said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!

John~ Yes, I am thinking about baby blocks for my Sewconnected month! I'm not sure, though... we have decided not to find out if the baby is a boy or girl?! So, I wonder how that would work out for my fabric selections...

ok Jacki..... who said you could read this blog?!! Just kidding! Ha,ha You'll have to wait and see!

~Jessica