Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kimberly Quilt ~ Completed

I finished up this quilt yesterday and washed and dried it last night. I always like seeing what the texture looks like when you take it out of the dryer.
This is my second attempt at free motion quilting. I was a lot less nervous trying it this time and it turned out much better. I can tell, with practice, that my stitches were coming out more evenly than the first time I tried it.
I do have another quilt top to practice the stippling on that I put together last week (with fabric from my scrap box) while I was waiting for my fabric orders to arrive. A big stack of the new Darla fabric just arrived and is waiting to be cut up for a future quilt. :)
The photo below is of the back. It's pieced together with some of the extra blocks and fabric I had.
I'm also working on the crayon apron pattern and should have that ready by tomorrow, if not earlier.
~Jessica

4 comments:

littlecumulus said...

It's lovely! Do you have any good tips or resources for free-motion quilting? That's something I'd like to try, too.

Lisa said...

I just love this quilt! Awesome awesome awesome!

Bugzmommy said...

is there a pattern for this quilt? I really like the simplicity of the blocks and how it lets the fabric take the focus.

http://bugzmommy.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance!

Rebecka said...

Your quilt back is fabulous - uncomplicated but interesting!