Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Crayon Apron

I've found a way to use some more selvages in this cute little crayon apron! There are pockets on the bottom to hold 12 crayons and the pattern is modeled after an apron I had as a child that my mom made. I added a little accent of selvage dots on the pocket and I think it turned out so cute! I'm hoping this will be a great gift with a new coloring book and crayons.
Here is another version that I made earlier this week, but the neck strap is too long. Although, my 9 year old has now claimed it as her own and it fits her quite well. Who knew a 9 year old would like a crayon apron!? :) So, I guess this can be for a wide age range of children.
I have been thinking about offering this as a free pattern. Would anyone be interested in making one if I put the directions together? Just thought I would ask before I spent the time putting it all together.
~Jessica

13 comments:

Ashley Ann said...

Those are super cute. Great idea!

Jodie said...

I would LOVE a tutorial for this. It's so cute. My little artist would go crazy for this and you are right - these would make great gifts!

Anonymous said...

I'd love a pattern! (I'm just a crafty lurker... great job on your site!)

John said...

heck yeah I'd be interested -- I've got twin girls myself, and they'll be going to LOTS of other little girls' birthday parties. what an awesome gift idea!!

littlecumulus said...

Yes, please!! That's absolutely ingenious.

Casey said...

I would definitely be interested in a pattern! I was thinking the same as John, they would be great little girls gifts!

kimberly said...

The crayon apron is super cute! I would love to have a pattern for that, so creative!

carolann said...

The aprons are very cute and yes, I would love the pattern! thanks, Carol Broughton

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

such a cute apron! I would absolutely add your tut to my growing to-do list :)

Nonerz said...

I'd love the free pattern! It is super cute & I have a 3-year-old cutie who is very artsy and an 18-month-old who does everything her sister does! =)

Amy said...

Absolutely. It's fantastic! But a tutorial is a lot of work. I think I could probably just wing it from your excellent photos. Thank you.

twin fibers said...

Thanks everyone! I'll try to have it ready next week sometime.
:) Jessica

Qubie said...

What a great idea. Love the aprons. We made aprons at work and if I know of these them I might of used some of your idea's. They look great.