Monday, January 5, 2009

Selvedges

I have been saving all of the selvedge ends from fabric for a while now, and I thought I would try and do something with them this weekend. I started out by sewing all the strips to a 10" x 10" piece of white fabric. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it then, but I thought making a wristlet would be a quick way to use up a small piece of fabric.
The wristlet pattern I use is from Elizabeth at Oh Fransson. The fabrics for the back and lining are from Amy Butler (they were extra pieces from the snail pillow). The pocket on the inside also uses the rest of the selvedge piece. The size of the wristlet is 5.5" x 9.5".

~Jessica

9 comments:

Carol said...

Love what you did - it's very inspiring!

jona said...

That is SO gorgeous!!! What a great idea!

Jodie said...

That is soooooo cute ~ and resourceful! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Disco said...

Wow, you really waste NONE of the fabric :0) What a fabulous project.

"The Fam" said...

Very cute!

SarahB said...

Cute as can be! I must start saving my selvedges!

littlecumulus said...

Love it! Whenever I cut off selvedges I always think I should save them for something like that, but never do. Now I really should. Or may just send them to you. Or something.

gmistudio said...

looks amazing!!! super cute !!

Tracy said...

what a darling idea! i love it.