Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vintage Sheet Quilt Update


OK, so I am almost ready for a summer picnic! But, when I look outside, the snow falling is telling me quite a different story. I guess I can always dream about warm weather, right? The quilt top has been sewn together and is ready for batting and quilting. I think I am going to take this quilt to someone who has a long arm quilter and have it quilted for me. I'll use another vintage sheet for the backing. I'm hoping that some big flower shapes quilted across the fabric will look good for a picnic blanket.

You can click on the picture for a larger view. It's so hard to get a decent picture when we haven't seen sun light for days. :)

~Jessica :)

4 comments:

Jodie said...

That's beautiful! I also participated in the same fabric exchange, so I have a lot of those same pieces in my stash. It's such a beautiful combination all together. I recently made one using all of my reds/blues from the exchange (see www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com and look for "Hannah's Butterfly Quilt").

Also - thanks for the link to the free pattern - love that price tag!

Jacki said...

Very nice Jessica! You do a great job and so quickly!

supa said...

I love it!

I strip pieced a vintage-sheet quilt top last spring (http://www.flickr.com/photos/supamb/2329492305/) and have yet to back and quilt it. You're inspiring me to get a move on.

littlecumulus said...

Oh, absolutely beautiful. Great idea - and I bet that quilt is going to be so soft and snuggly from the get-go.