Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bend the Rules Sewing Swap

Jennifer and I have both signed up to participate in the Bend the Rules Sewing Swap. This time we are swapping the Charming Handbag. I had not made that bag before, but thought I would give it a try before making one for my swap partner. I made this one with some vintage fabric and velvet ribbon! Sign-ups are open for the swap until the 28th, so there is still time to join in the fun! It's a really easy pattern and doesn't take very much time to make.
My daughter was home sick from school yesterday, so she made this bag with some Amy Butler fabric and a solid pink for the inside. So cute!

I've also been distracted again and started this stacked coin baby quilt... when I should be finishing other things! :) I found the Moda Bake Shop blog the other day and saw that AmandaJean of Crazy Mom Quilts posted a pattern using a couple packs of charm squares. I had a couple charm packs of Nest fabric and went to work. My girl and I had a great day relaxing and sewing! So, now I am off to finish the quilting!
~Jessica

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute bags girls! - Jenn

Home Sweet Hideaway said...

I found your blog by way of the vintage sheet quilt (which I LOVED), but after looking around, I think I love it all. Pretty, pretty stuff! I want to make one of everything!

lissa said...

Love the blog! Thanks for checking out the Moda Bake shop! The nest quilt is adorable.