Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bright colored scrappy quilt - finished!

There are just some quilts and fabrics that I adore- colors just seem to go perfectly together or the pattern is interesting... but I really love how this quilt turned out- even though it used a bunch of scraps and has so many different fabrics in it! The idea for this one started out by using Amy Butler's Strippy Quilt pattern. I then added a few more squares to make it larger, deleted the boarder and added a pieced binding. I didn't quite know what color to quilt it in, so I decided to use a variegated colored thread I found at the sewing store. It was a little expensive, but the colors changed about every inch and seemed to match the colors of the quilt nicely.
This makes me think of spring and summer with all the bright colors- wish it would come soon as we still have quite a bit of snow here! - Jennifer

12 comments:

twin fibers said...

It's so pretty, Jenn! I love it!
Jessica

Katie R said...

beautiful! love the colors.

Allison said...

I love it, the colors are gorgeous!

Allison said...

I love it, the colors are gorgeous!

Jodie said...

Wow! That is really beautiful. Job well done. :)

littlecumulus said...

I flipping love. it. (!!) Well done!

Pikku- Kettu said...

Gorgeous! What a cheerful quilt!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Love this! Beautiful :)

gmistudio said...

love it !! beautiful colors

summersadie said...

Hi! I found your blog during the OWOH thing, and am just now getting around to everyone again. When I first glanced at your site, I was blown away...such amazing work. This particular quilt is one of my favorites I've seen in a long time.

silversmith said...

jessica - thanks for fat quarter from the sms swap! i see some of the fabric in this scrappy quilt...it looks great! i'll have fun doing a quilt with this one - i don't buy too many pinks, but need them.

Cristin said...

So pretty! I'm in awe :-) Well done!