Friday, February 20, 2009

Darla Quilt and Sew Connected ~ February

I've been working on this quilt top for a couple of weeks now. I just have a couple of rows to add...it doesn't seem like a lot, but all of the pieces are different sizes. The pattern (another free one) is called Pink Bliss from Amy Butler. It uses 24 different fat quarters! I am kind of surprised at how small it is going to end up being (about 52" square) even though you use parts of all those fat quarters.
The Darla fabric is really pretty, though. If I have a baby girl, I think this just might be the perfect quilt for her. :) I guess we'll see in a couple of months!

This is my Sew Connected block for the month of February for Stefanie. She's making her quilt blocks into a baby quilt for her new son. She wanted linear designs and I think this should fit right in with the group.
~Jessica

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I just love Darla fabric. I don't have any, but I NEED some! LOL! (My husband doesn't think so- go figure.)

This quilt is so pretty. I like the pattern. Also like the block- perfect for a cool little baby.

twin fibers said...

Hi Lisa!
I really like the Darla fabric, too! The colors are nice and bright and it has a great vintage look to it, too. Maybe you'll have to catch it on sale somewhere! :) Jessica

shelia said...

really pretty..so sweet. You're right Perfect for a little girl! I just love everything they do over at Grand Revival!

magikquilter said...

i love the baby girl quilt...you will have to wait and see i guess...so sorry to read about the teal chenille as well....how awful for you but lucky it was a small quilt i guess