Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Zig Zag thrifted fabric quilt - finished!

Another quilt finished - yeah! Only a few more to go! I decided I really need to finish what I have started, so before I buy any more fabric, I am determined to finish a few quilts... (we'll see how long that lasts :) hee hee! )

This quilt is in a zig zag pattern and uses all thrifted sheets- even the white fabric is a sheet I found at the thrift store. I used the online tutorial from a quilt is nice blog. Great tutorial and was very simple to do!Here is an up close picture of the free motion quilting I did- getting better at it and I'm not so nervous doing it. I think this is the third quilt I've used this technique on, and really quite like it. I've noticed how different my free motion quilting looks compared to what Jessica does. Mine seems pretty big and spaced apart and Jessica has done smaller closer together free motion quilting. One of these days we'll have to do a compare and contrast on things that we make- I don't think we have ever done that- it would be pretty interesting to lay it out in pictures... maybe a future blog post. Anyway, happy sewing and quilting! - Jennifer

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this quilt, it is truly Vintage without looking like it! I just don't dare the free-motion quilting yet... any tips?

susan said...

what a gorgeous quilt

sewkatiedid said...

I love the shabby chic feel of this. I have my fabrics picked for one, just need to figure out how big and how to place the zigs and zags.