Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bend-the-Rules Sewing Swap

This is the Charming handbag that I made from the book called Bend-the-Rules Sewing. It's a small, quick, and cute bag that I made for the swap. The fabric is from a set of dish towels that I picked up from Target! The fabric with the flower design is a twill, so it doesn't look like a regular dish towel.
I'm sending along a set of fat quarters, a pear pincushion, and a spool of thread. It will be out in the mail on Monday and I hope my swap partner really likes it!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend; it's so nice to see the sunshine here!
~Jessica

4 comments:

Cristin said...

I have that book! Great job with that tote bag! I may have to make it now... too cute! and i KNOW Target has great towels!
I think your swap partner will be thrilled with her goodies :-)

Hermione J. Schwartz said...

This is the second time today I have seen comments on towels at Target. I need to get over there and have a look for myself.

Great job on the handbag. I think you chose the perfect fabric for it. I also love the super cute pear pincushion.

I found your blog by randomly clicking through the names of the swappers on the BTRSswap blog and I am so glad I landed here. You both really inspired and motivated me to get on top of making my bag for the swap. And not only making it, but making it early which is very out of character for me. Thanks for the creative push! =]

Mary A. said...

Jessica, I can't thank you enough!! I received the package earlier this week and can't walk by it without looking and touching. It's super cute & fun; I would have never known it was made from dish towels - so cool! I'm trying to hold off using it until I get my own package sent!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Mary
ps. I totally love your blog! So much inspiration here...

Flores Hayes said...

the tote bag is cute!!!

my roomate is THRILLED with her panda bag!
she just LOVE it
hkpanda.freetzi.com