Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap Progress ~ Jessica

I've started working on my quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 6! I think it is going to be so fun! I decided on a wreath pattern with a little bird in the middle. I needed to make something cheerful and spring like... I really hope my swap partner likes it!
The inspiration for this quilt came from a blog that I found a week or so ago. She has made some beautiful applique quilts and I used some of her patterns for the flowers and the bird from a free pattern for a pillow that she has on her website. If you have time, you should check out her blog!
I'm to the point of sewing around all the appliques. I'll update with more pictures when I get a little farther along.
~Jessica

4 comments:

Soukies said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I cannot wait to see it quilted!

Lisa said...

As soon as I saw this I knew what blog you got it from! I love that blog. Kellie is amazing and I can't wait for her to have a book out someday- I am sure she will. She is too awesome not to.

You did a wonderful job of adapting her patterns. I love your fabric choices! I want to make something like this someday. The birdie is just the cutest!

Amy said...

I just love it. I'm not usually too into applique but this is spectacular. You may have inspired me to stretch my comfort zone a bit... Thanks!

Emma said...

This is gorgeous! I'm in awe of Kellie's work, but am insipred to try my own quilt using the method, too. I can't wait to see how you quilt it!