Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sew Connected Quilting Group


As you have seen in the past few months, I am a part of the Sew Connected Quilting Group. The month of March is my month to have everyone make a quilt block for me! A couple of weeks ago, I sent out a pack of fabric to everyone in the group and during the month, they complete a quilt block and send it back to me.
I sent out pieces of vintage sheets and pillowcases along with some orange linen. I had bought the orange linen at Jo-Ann, but it was very bright. I really liked the idea of using it in the quilt, so I bleached it a couple of times in the washer. Luckily, it turned out great! It's a sort of creamsicle color and really goes well with the faded sheets and pillowcases.
The two quilt blocks are what I have made for the quilt. It will be 4 blocks wide by 4 blocks long with the orange linen as sashing in between the blocks.
If you are interested, you can check out the Sew Connected Group on flickr. It is sure going to be fun seeing what everyone makes and what the quilt turns out looking like!
~Jessica

1 comment:

Kellie said...

What beautiful, colourful quilts you make guys! Good luck with the DQS6 I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Thanks for visisting and leaving a comment on my blog!