Monday, March 9, 2009

When life gives you lemon....(fabric)... make a purse!


It is almost springtime, and I just had that itch to make a new purse. Time for a new purse to brighten the long days of winter- I am wishing so very much that it would get warm outside and that all the snow would melt... we'll see how that goes as we're supposed to get more snow later this week.

Anyway, this past weekend I found this great lemon fabric at JoAnns. It is a Alexander Henry fabric named "juicy". I was originally looking for the pear Alexander Henry fabric, but they were out and I spotted this one instead- and it worked out just great! The pattern for the purse is another fantastic creation from Elizabeth at Oh Fransson! A link directly to her pattern, called the Margaret Sling Bag is here. The directions for this bag are so well written, plus pictures to follow- I made the bag just today, so it does not take too long. This would definately be a nice bag to make if you are just learning how to sew- Elizabeth does such a nice job at detailing out the steps so that you can follow along with ease. Also check out her website as she is doing a quilt along with very good instructions as to how she does things and it answers a ton of questions!

Now off to make another swap bag out of the same material. I have a feeling my swap partner will really like this as she wanted a yellow bag for spring... - Jennifer

3 comments:

Aimee said...

So cute!! I love it!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Looks great! I love having a new bag to welcome spring!

Dallas said...

That's really cute. I was just trying to figure out how to make a pleat like that for some pockets on a bag I'm making - thanks for posting the link to her tutorial.