Monday, April 27, 2009

Aviary quilt

This past weekend I had a little time to finish up sewing the remainder of the squares for this quilt. This is a big one- about 80"x80" square and I'm not sure if I'm really up to quilting this one on my own! I probably will, but we'll see...

If you are wondering about the pattern, it is a take off of the Olive Rose pattern by Valori Wells. I just modified some of the squares/rectangles to have a more "piecey" look. I really wanted to keep some of the large shapes to show off the design of the fabric and I also used some white ric-rac inserted into the seams. I really like this look and thought it would enhance the quilt a bit, making it a little more unique. - Jennifer

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Beautiful! The solid pink & green really pop!

Kelly said...

Lovely! The ric-rac looks fantastic.

Jacki said...

Very nice Jen! It looks great!

Jan said...

Wow! Very Cute:)