Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Everything Bag

The new addition to our family is due to arrive here in a few weeks and of course I needed another diaper bag. :) The pattern is from the Little Stitches for Little Ones by Amy Butler.



The bag is about 16" wide by 11" tall and 6.5" deep, so it's larger in size and will hold lots of baby stuff. I added a tab on the side with a clasp on the end to hold keys or a pacifier.

I really like the divider down the center, but next time I might make it a bit shorter. I think about 3/4's of the height of the bag would be perfect.
~Jessica

8 comments:

summersadie said...

I really like that pattern! It looks perfect for dividing out all that stuff you'll have to haul around.

belinda said...

ooouuu...I like it too much...great fabrics too!!

Sarah C said...

I am really interested in making this bag. Any other suggestions/changes other than the height? How was the construction on it?

I just finished an Amy Butler Weekender Bag and am not sure if I want to start another big bag project just yet.

Jacki said...

Beautiful!! I love it!

sheri said...

My daughter just found out she is expecting twins in 8 weeks. I think this bag would be a great size for carrying double the baby items.

twin fibers said...

Thanks everyone! I agree, the bag is great for carrying doulble the baby items. :)
Sarah, I left a comment on your blog if you are looking for an answer to your questions. Thanks!
Jessica

Kelly said...

I really do love this tote & this would be perfect for a little carry along..I have the book but haven't made anything but I might have to look into this pattern a little deeper...nice work

Knitterella said...

It's adorable! I just saw found it on flickr and left you some notes. I so want to do this but am afraid it might be too hard for me - yours is so inspiring though I think I might have to at least try it. Wish me luck!