Monday, August 17, 2009

Little Birdie Linen Sundress

The pattern for this sundress comes from a pattern that I found at a resale store. It's Simplicity 8538 size 3 from 1978. It's so cute! I added a ruffle and a cute little birdie applique to the front out of some of my favorite Flea Market Fancy prints.
The ruffles continue all the way up the back and the set also has a diaper cover to match!
I also got some practice using my new serger machine. I finally figured out how to do the rolled hem after reading the instruction manual and threading and rethreading it for a few hours! :) I love the way it looks and can't wait to try it on some more clothing... now that I know how it works.
This little set is for my niece, but I am thinking of making some more for our etsy shop. I think the dress could be worn year round. You could replace the diaper cover with leggings and add a long sleeve shirt underneath the top and you have an adorable outfit for winter, too. Too bad my little girl is so big already!!
~Jessica

4 comments:

Becca said...

I love the birdie applique, especially the tail!

Anonymous said...

It is adorable! I would definately make some for the etsy shop! - Jenn

Jodie said...

SO cute! I want one in my size, too! ;)

Jody said...

I just love this little dress...so sweet and I love how you incorporated the FMF in it...it's perfect!
Thanks for commenting on my dilemma Jessica...still no go on the smocked sundress...honestly I don't know what the problem is...it's gotta be something with the bobbin itself??? AGhhhhh...
Jody:)