Wednesday, September 30, 2009

For My Grandma!

Dutch Pinwheel Quilt
My little wall hanging is all done! I'm thrilled to be bringing it to it's new home next week. It's going to live at my grandma's house. She's so kind and generous and has sewn many nice things for me over the years, that I know she will like something made especially for her by her granddaughter.
Dutch Pinwheel Quilt
You see, she's not able to do much sewing or quilting anymore, and I know this will be something she will really enjoy looking at throughout the day.
Quilt in tree
She'll appreciate the time and the love and the energy that goes into creating things and I'm so excited to surprise her with this. (PS... Family, please don't spoil the surprise!)
Folded Quilt in tree
I hope this will brighten her week and let her know how much she is loved!
~Jessica

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

It's wonderful! Those colors and fabrics are really great. I'm sure your grandma will truly love and cherish it.

Quilts on Bastings said...

Your grandmother is going to love this quilt - it is beautiful, I love your colour choices.

Colleen said...

Your grandmother will surely love this darling quilt. I have used some of the same Snippets fabrics in my Grandma's Friendship Blocks quilt. I had 6 vintage dresden plate blocks from the early 40's made by my mother in law. Found them in 2003 after her death. Used the Snippets in log cabin blocks and sashing. You can see a pic on my blog.
I love the colors in the 1930's reproduction fabrics.
Colleen

Jan said...

I saw it in her library. She does love it:) Aunt Jan

desertskyquilts said...

That's a wonderful, colorful quilt, and it's very sweet of you to make something for the woman who has made so much for you. What a great idea!