Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Flea Market Fancy Quilt


Well, it's been quite a busy couple of weeks around here. :)
I've finally been able to finish sewing together this quilt top. The colors look kind of drab here, but they really are nice and vibrant. I've been wanting to take some pictures of it hanging outside, but it always seems to be dreary and raining when I have a chance to take pictures.

I haven't decided how to quilt this one yet. I have seen a couple of other quilts like this with straight lines going perpendicular to the bars. I am liking that simple and quick way to finish, but we'll see... I do like the figure 8 shape of quilting and I think I might test that out first to see if it would work.

I know, this is way off topic of sewing, but I thought it was kind of neat. In one of the trees in our backyard, we found this frog living inside it. He's made a nice little home up about 5 feet off the ground, so we've been keeping an eye on him over the summer. I checked on him the other day, but he's gone... hopefully somewhere safe for the winter!


Thanks for checking out our blog!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
~Jessica

2 comments:

Amber said...

It looks great - I'm about to start one for a baby boy out of some Mendocino fabrics - never made that pattern but it looks fun....can't wait to see what you decide for the quilting!

Jan said...

Oh, what a cute picture! I hope all is well:)