Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hand Stitched Embroidery Swap

Embroidery swap preview
I've started working on my part for the Hand Stitched Embroidery Swap on Flickr. I've been wanting to try out some embroidery with wool felt for a while now and thought this might be fun to do. My inspiration is coming from some vintage iron on transfers and a piece of wool felt and embroidery that I purchased at an antique store (photo below).

I have many more details to add with the embroidery and some more felt pieces. It's quite fun to see the texture and dimension added by the different stitches. Hopefully the recipient of the piece won't mind that it's not a tradtitional embroidery. :)
~Jessica

2 comments:

Amber said...

It's beautiful! I love it - need to get on the ball with mine - haven't even started yet!

Heather said...

I love little blue birdies! So dear!