Monday, November 2, 2009

Flea Market Fancy!

Flea Market Fancy Quilt
I finished up my quilt this weekend and hung it up yesterday! It's always so thrilling to have a project completed and even better when I love the way it looks and how it fits into my room.
Flea Market Fancy Quilt
Here it is on the wall by our kitchen and dining area. My husband says he doesn't care for quilts hanging on the wall, but I think it will grown on him! :)
Flea Market Fancy Quilt
I had started quilting with some diagonal lines, but I really didn't like it with the odd stripes of the quilt pieces. So, I took all that quilting out and started stippling it... much better than straight lines.

I hope everyone had fun and safe Halloween!
~Jessica

7 comments:

Beth said...

The quilt looks fantastic! My husband says the same thing about quilts as wall art, but I just hang it up anyway. He does grow to love them.

Amber said...

It's gorgeous! I'm sure he'll learn to love it - it looks perfect there!

Sonja♥ said...

It's lovely!!! And it looks fantastic on the wall of your kitchen-dining area:)

Anonymous said...

"My husband says he doesn't care for quilts hanging on the wall..."

This from a man who used to have a poster of "Kramer" in his first house? Hmmmm...me thinks he doesn't have a leg to stand on with this complaint.

- Amy

twin fibers said...

Amy- this is hilarious because Jessica's husband used to have a picture of Kramer hanging up in his house when he was single too! In fact, it may still be around hanging up in their garage! :) too funny! - Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's who I meant! I'm his godmother. I think you and I met when they were married. Hope you and your family are well. My husband and I are going to try to visit NK and AK in June 2010.

- A.

Leslie said...

this is amazing....it looks lovely on the wall