Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ginger Blossom Quilt




This quilt is for a person who contacted Jessica and I online!  Over the past few months we have taken on a few different projects for people we have met or have contacted us online.  It has been such a great experience and is so neat to connect with people who have a similar love for fabric, quilts or hand-making different things.

This quilt is made from the Posh quilt pattern by Moda - you can find the link to the free pattern here.  I added a few rows to the quilt than what the pattern calls for to make it a bit wider and longer.  The fabric is by Sandi Henderson and is called Ginger Blossom - I used two packages of fat quarters that featured all of the fabrics in the line.  If you are familiar with the Ginger Blossom fabric, I did omit the "tile" type design fabrics because they just didn't quite look right when cut and pieced together - the pattern on the fabric ended up being off-center and didn't look very good...

Anyway, I cannot wait for my client to receive her quilt - I think she is going to love it! - Jennifer

4 comments:

Ariane said...

I love this quilt. I just bought some of that fabric. This is a great way to use it. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

Just found you via quiltersblogs.com. What a beautiful quilt! I love the pattern and the fabrics. I haven't seen that line before, just gorgeous!

Jacki said...

Beautiful! I think the client should love it!

Leslie said...

of course your client will love this...it is amazing. i have a bunch of ginger blossom just looking to be part of a good quilt