Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catching Up


Hello!! It's been a few weeks since I've been around here, but I have managed to work on a few things. :) I finished up a couple sets of these valences for a client and sent them off yesterday. These pictures are of one of them hung up on my curtain rods, but my client has some pretty blue walls that she is going to hang them on. That should really bring out the colors in the flowers! Hopefully I'll be able to show you a picture of them at her house.

I like the ball fringe along the bottom.



Pillow Talk {Swap}
I also sent off this pillow to my swap partner as part of the Pillow Talk {Swap} on flickr. It's been a fun swap group and there is some great insirational photos in the group. My pillow was made with a mix of vintage sheets and quilting cottons. I used a cream colored chenille on the back to make it nice and soft.

It seems like November flew by! My daughter turned 10 years old yesterday; I really can't believe she is that old already. It really wasn't that long ago that she was a baby, was it?! We also had her Girl Scout Troop over yesterday to do a sewing project. My mom and I introduced the girls to sewing and they each made their own pillowcase with some adorable Girl Scout fabric (the blue has GS cookies all over it)!


We had 7 girls, 3 sewing machines, 2 teachers and in 2 hours each girl completed their own pillowcase. It turned out to be a great first sewing project and I had a lot of fun helping them.

In the next few weeks I need to work on sewing Christmas gifts! I'm going to get started on pillows and maybe some bags. Jennifer and I also have a quilt that we are working on together, so we have a quite a few projects to wrap up before too long. Let's see how much we can actually get done!

~Jessica

1 comment:

Amber said...

Those valances are so pretty - and I love your pillow. I was just thinking of a similar design for Christmas pillows for my couch...and what a great sewing project - that's something I could teach my daughter to do - hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!