Sunday, November 29, 2009

Peony Felt Embroidery

Peony Felt Embroidery
Here are some pictures of the peony embroidery! This ended up being quite a big piece. The embroidery covers 18"x22". The background looks a bit bumpy in the picture, but it will iron out nicely.
Peony Felt Embroidery

Peony Felt Embroidery
This one took quite a long time to make! All those flower petals and leaves with beads take time to stitch.
Peony Felt Embroidery
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We had a great time spending the past few days with family celebrating Thanksgiving. I spent yesterday setting up all of the Christmas decorations and cleaning the house. Now, I'm ready to get back to some sewing!
~Jessica

5 comments:

Jenny said...

just stunning...what a gorgeous piece of art!

bakeandsew said...

I love it. I wonder whether they still make those kits....

Jennifer said...

Absolutely lovely. I too wonder if such things are still available... and if not, why not? You've done marvelous work.

Beth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I am now stalking "vintage felt embroidery" on eBay but so far only finding Christmas!

MeganAnne said...

Wow that is stunning! So, beautiful and timeless.