Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hoop Up! Embroidery

vintage duck embroidery
I hope everyone has had a wonderful and fun week of Christmas celebrations! We sure have and are having lots of fun with the snow and some new toys for the kids.
I've been thinking about this swap group that I joined and what I would like to do for my portion of the swap. The swap centers around embroidery and I've decided to make a book for my youngest son, using the letters of his name. Each person in the group will get a letter from his name and then embroider an animal that starts with that letter. Hopefully it turns out cute! I alway like to make something that will be useful and I thought it would be a fun book for him to learn how to spell his name and also see some cute animal pictures.
Letter
The picture above is what I have come up with for the first letter in his name. I have a bunch of old iron on transfers from one of my grandmas and this little guy seemed perfect for the letter "d".
Hoop Up! Stitch and Send Swap Inspiration pieces
This is the inspiration grouping that I put together for the book.  I came across the picture in the upper left hand corner and saw that she was doing something similar with an alphabet quilt she is making. I hope it will be a fun project for everyone involved and I'm excited to get all the packets sent out!

I also have to give a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Jennifer's family!! Jennifer gave birth to her little girl on Monday morning. I was able to go and see the adorable little one in the hospital.... she's so sweet and has lots of dark hair. We're so happy for them and wish her all the best in the weeks to come!

Thanks for visiting!
~Jessica

2 comments:

Amber said...

This is such a cute idea - I'm sure they will turn out amazing! And congrats to Jennifer!

Jodie said...

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!