Friday, December 18, 2009

It's a Swell Quilt

Swell Quilt on bed
Jennifer and I teamed up together on making this quilt! She sewed the quilt top and backing and sandwiched the quilt for me. I cut out all the pieces, quilted it and did the binding. It was fun to share the project. I usually don't have the ideas or the patience to make a pieced backing and Jennifer always makes something so nice.
Swell Pillows
Using some of the left over fabrics, I made a throw pillow; and the set wouldn't be half as fun without a new pillow case to match, either! I used the Perfect Pillow Case tutorial from Jona.
Swell Quilt Folded

Swell Quilt Front Side
Most of the fabrics for the quilt were from a line called Swell by Urban Chicks for Moda. We added in prints from Full Moon Forest (Tula Pink), Amy Butler, Freshcut (Heather Bailey), and one from Summer in the City (Urban Chicks).  The quilt design was inspired from this flickr photo.
Swell Back side
This quilt is really a two for one deal. I really like how the back turned out with the dot fabric and the stripe of the blocks off set toward the top. Thanks Jenn, for the extra work on the backing, it turned out great!

Yea, one more to add to the finished quilts list for 2009!
~Jessica

11 comments:

Jenny said...

beautiful teamwork! love the whole set...must make quilt with this pattern in 2010!

kimland said...

LOVE IT... you girls definetly compliment each other with your talents. My mind whirls... you are so "inspiring and fresh." You can bet I will be watching and admiring!

Beth said...

I loved that Urban Chicks line so much -- wish I could still get it!

The quilt and pillows look fabulous!

Anita said...

I love it! What a great set. Happy holidays.

Leslie said...

this is beautiful...it is so much fun to work on a project with someone else.

Amber said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Such a brilliant design!

Cristin said...

Such quilty goodness!!! LOVE the design, front and back! Great combo of fabrics!

Duyvken said...

That binding fabric is gorgeous!

Aimee said...

Beautiful quilt!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. The pillows and pillowcases are very nice too. I'm going to hop over and see how those pillowcases are made. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

I love how this quilt turned out, the two of you work well togather. What pattern did you use for the quilt?