Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pillows, pillows and more pillows!

Good Folks and Linen Pillow
Here's another one of those projects that I grabbed from the unfinished projects pile last week!  It just needed to be quilted and sewn together into this lovely pillow.
Good Folks and Linen Pillow
The solid fabric is linen and maybe that's why I didn't work on it for a while. I find it a little tough to work with, it's probably just the type of linen I bought... it unravelled easily.
Quilted Pillow Sham and Bolster
...and here's a cute set of pillows that I made this weekend for my niece's new bedding.
Quilted Pillow Sham and Bolster
The fabrics are Woodland Wonderland by Jay McCarroll and Park Slope by Erin McMorris.
Navy Wool Felt Pillow
...and another wool felt pillow requested from our etsy store. The squares are appliqued on top.

Hope you are all having a great week!
~Jessica

9 comments:

A. said...

Cuteness! I'm getting ready to dive into a fat stack of Good Folks myself... this could be a good use for some of it. Thanks for the idea!

Beth said...

I love them all, but especially the navy blue -- so classic yet surprising. Do you use 100% wool felt or a blend?

Leslie said...

these are really great. i love the blue pillow

twin fibers said...

Thanks, everyone! The blue pillow is a felt blend. It works and looks good, although I do love the 100% wool felt, too.

Jody said...

They're all so awesome Jessica! I love the quilting on your linen pillow, it really makes it stand out. The wool pillow is absolutely striking - I love graphic, bold designs....and in solids!

Katy said...

great great great! Lovely pillows!!!

Amber said...

That bolster pillow is SO cute - love it! And that wool pillow is just gorgeous - wow.

Nicki C K said...

GORGEOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that bolster pillow! Did you follow a pattern? Do you have a tut? I would LOVE to make one of those for my daughters room! :-)

twin fibers said...

Thank you, everyone! :)
Nicki C K... sorry, I don't have a pattern for the bolster. I just made it up as I went along. (I was also using leftover pieces of fabric from a quilt, so I used what i had avail. to make the pillow.) If you would like more specific instructions, feel free to e-mail me. I'll try to write them out for you! :)