Friday, January 29, 2010

Sew New to Me - VQBee

Sew New to Me VQB - for Faith
"Sew New to Me" is a new Quilting Bee that I joined on flickr a while ago. Our first blocks were for Heather and Mary (I guess I forgot to take pictures of their blocks before sending them off... they are here and here), and now I have finished my blocks for Cristin (pict. below) and Faith (pict. above). Faith asked for blocks using Elizabeth's Map of the States block tutorial. I loved making that one! You use freezer paper to draw on your lines and iron on the pieces to your fabric. That block did give me a bit of trouble, though. I ended up taking apart a few rows and redoing some of the fabrics to make it look good, but am really happy with the results.
Sew New to Me VQB - for Cristin
Cristin's block was fun (and a challenge) to make, too. She wanted our interpretation of squares and rectangles, so I'm hoping this will fit into her quilt nicely.
~Jessica

7 comments:

Georgia said...

They're both really beautiful, but I'm especially loving the colors in the second one!

Leslie said...

these are gorgeous...love the amy butler.

Amber said...

Wow - these are so great! I love the Map of the States blocks - need to finish mine up and sew up my quilt.

Jessica said...

They're beautiful! I follow both blogs and have been enjoying seeing what blocks are coming in--I think they're both going to be great quilts.

Cristin said...

Thanks! I think you did a fab job on my green & grey block! They're all so unique and intricate! Can't wait to put my quilt together!

annette said...

Really like both the blocks but especially that squares/rectangle interpretation. I can impagine it making a stunning quilt.

Sara said...

I love this fabrics and the desing is great!