Friday, January 15, 2010

Voile Scarves

Little Folks Voile Scarves
I'm sure you've seen everyone raving about the new voile fabrics from Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks line, and I agree, it's beautiful!  We had a family sewing day yesterday, and I brought these fabrics to make scarves.
Little Folks Voile Scarves
The tutorial by Jona, gave me the idea for making scarves (and you can get the fabrics from her, too). Although, the scarves we made have a few changes (we wanted them a bit longer and skinnier).
 And here's how we made them: (I purchased 1/2 yard pieces) 
Cut a 13" by the width of the fabric (54") for your main portion of the scarf. Trim off the selvedges. (You should have about 5" x 54" left over from your 1/2 yd.. Use that as a contrasting fabric for another scarf)
Cut 2 - 5" x 13" pieces from a contrasting fabric to add to each end of your main fabric. Sew those onto your main fabric (matching the 13" sides) and press.
Fold the scarf in half, pin, and stitch around leaving an opening in the center to turn it right side out. Press and hand stitch the opening closed, once you have it turned right side out. Simple as that!
Little Folks Voile Scarf
They all turned out really beautiful and would make an excellent gift. I'm wearing mine today, and love it (it's so soft)!
Little Folks Voile Scarves
~Jessica

12 comments:

sewkatiedid said...

Your photos are great! Beautiful.

Georgia said...

So pretty and so simple too!

Tracey said...

Those fabrics are perfect for those...
very cute. :)

John said...

Love these! I made two of these scarves as holiday gifts from Jona's tutorial before Christmas, and I have enough fabric to make more ... but I really like your hacks to the original pattern (especially to make them a bit longer) and will probably do the same for the rest. Thanks for the tip!

chick chick sewing said...

Hi! I love these scarves, they are so beautiful...I need to try them soon! Thanks for the great inspirations!!

Leslie said...

beautiful. i love those fabrics

Beth said...

OOOHHHH...I have some fat eighths, I might have to make a patchwork scarf!

teaginny said...

I just made several of these and linked to your tutorial. Thanks!

midnight hysteria said...

could not find jona's tute, but this suffices and they are beautiful ... thank you so much; christmas for some daughters -- now, what for the guys??? LOL

Michele said...

Thank you for the wonderful inspiration! I bookmarked this ages ago and just got around to making one today. Love that voile! I'll link back to you.

Vickie E said...

I made 18 of these for Christmas gifts this year. Blogging it tomorrow on www.spunsugarquilt.com
Definitely linking to your tute!
thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

These are SOOOO cute! I can't wait to make some!