Thursday, February 11, 2010

Carnival String Quilt

Carnival String Quilt
So, this quilt is going to be so happy and cheerful! It's for a client... she saw the scrappy string quilt Jennifer made quite a while ago and wanted one like it. The colors are bright and fun... it's going to be a great quilt!
Carnival String Quilt
I'm using the foundation piecing method to make the blocks. I think it's easier than tearing away paper, but it does add a bit of weight to the overall quilt. The fabric strips are cut anywhere from 4" to 1". This will be a queen sized quilt with 9 blocks across by 10 down.
My client also requested to have some of the purple minkee fabric in the blocks. I'm adding various widths of it in each block and then I'll make a random pattern with it overall when the quilt blocks are done.
Carnival String Quilt
So far, I have 32 out of the 90 needed! I'm trying to make some each day to try and spread out the work.
~Jessica

4 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Just gorgeous! I see a lot of my favorite fabrics in there!

Melanie said...

Wow, I hope you get a good comission off this- Minkee and string quilt together? You are a brave woman! I'm too scared to even try a string quilt!

Laurel H. said...

This. Is. Beautiful. I don't know if I've ever seen a more stunning string quilt. I always thought I wanted to make one with a strip of white in the middle, but now I don't know. Also, I always wondered if fabric choice really made a huge difference. It does.

OK, heading over to your flickr photostream to mark this as a fave. LOVE this!

Leslie said...

you need 90 of these? wow!!! they looks great and so fun