Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a new dress for a new baby...

IMG_5976
I have just a few moments here... (my little guy is waking up from a nap) but, I'm so happy to have a new niece to start sewing things for! Here's a little dress to start off her summer wardrobe.
IMG_5975

It looks so cute and adorable hanging up, but all I can think about is her using those knots and ties as teething toys.  So, I guess it will be a cute and practical dress afterall. :)

Pattern: Claire by Sandi Henderson size 12-18 mo.
Fabrics: Swell by Moda
~Jessica

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

absolutely adorable!

freshlemons said...

That is just beautiful!!!

Jacki said...

So cute Jessica! She will look so cute in it!

Allie said...

That dress is so dang cute! Beautifully done.

Alisa said...

You did a great job. So cute!

Jody said...

Absolutely too cute! She will look adorable I'm sure...how could she not?? I'm tempted to buy the pattern as it looks like you have 4 options to choose from...how did you find the pattern?

littlecumulus said...

It's wonderful - fit for a princess! Those will be such great designs for her to look at and play with.

twin fibers said...

Thanks, everyone!!
Jody - I found the pattern surprisingly easy! It didn't take a whole lot of time; the directions are really well written and are easy to follow.

Ariane said...

It is so cute!!! She is going to be gorgeous in this dress. Love it!!!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh - that dress is darling!!! Love it! Found your blog through Red Pepper Quilts. Your niece is one lucky little lady!

Leslie said...

this dress is absolutely precious.

Sara said...

A big ooooooh!!!!! I love it! so so sweet!

Heather said...

BEAUTIFUL! I need to make my daughter one now!!

JustMe said...

Is there anywhere to buy this pattern? i can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Jessica Kovach said...

Sorry, I think this pattern is out of print now. You may have luck finding it on eBay or etsy. Maybe even through the designer. Good luck!