Monday, February 22, 2010

The color wheel version wins... and Hello, it's me!

the winner.... color wheel version

Thank you so much everyone, for all of your opinions/votes for the pillow front!! By popular vote on the blog and flickr, it's going to be the "color wheel" version layout. I've moved a few of the pieces around, so hopfully everything looks balanced and most of the fabrics that really catch your eye are at different angles. It's funny, once you start moving things around, then other ones need to be moved and so on. :) So, hopefully this is a good layout (please let me know if you see something that obviously needs to be moved, thanks!).
Me and my little guy.... hello!

I thought you also might like to see who it is that writes most of these posts on the twinfibers blog! Hello!! (This isn't the greatest picture, but I am taking it myself while holding the baby, but you get the idea) So, here I am this morning with my little guy (the other kids are off at school).  We're enjoying a day inside because we got lots of snow last night.

Here's what it looks like outside one of my windows. Yup, it's as cold and dreary as it looks in the picture, but kind of pretty, too.
Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog! I appreciate all of the kind comments and suggestions... it's great to be a part of such a kind "community" of people. Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!
I'll be back tomorrow with the progress I've made on the Carnival String quilt.
~Jessica

15 comments:

A. said...

Sweet baby, cute mama, awesome layout! I agree - I love the bloggy community. Thanks for contributing so much to it! :)

Domina said...

Is that a disco ball hanging up in your kitchen?? We've got one up in our church! ha!

Cara said...

Your little one looks for all the world like he's the one taking the picture - love it! And I think you made the right call with the color wheel version.

twin fibers said...

funny, I didn't realize that the disco ball made it into the picture, until after I took quite a few (trying to get one that was decent)! :) It's downstairs in the basement.... the older 2 kids would love it if it was in the kitchen!

Beth said...

Beautiful color wheel, beautiful family, beautiful snow (it's easy to say that -- ours finally melted!!)

Angela said...

Wow! Beautiful.. love it!

jaybird said...

i'm glad you chose the color wheel... and thanks for sharing a bit more about you!

Heather said...

well... h e l l o!!! Look at how cute you both are!! I love knowing what people look like... don't you! I don't feel like such a weirdo emailing them all the time! LOL

Leslie said...

this is going to look amazing! how fun to see the face behind all the words and amazing projects!!

stitchsister said...

awww...cute! I have an orange-head too!

Patty said...

Such a cute little guy! I love how you made your design into a color wheel.

Laurel H. said...

Love how your color wheel pillow turned out!

Annabella said...

What a pretty mum and wonderfull baby! I´m always amazed how beautiful the "people behind the blogs" are.
Im glad, the colorwheel-version made it, im in love with it.
I´ve got one question (and only dare to ask it because i know that you sell wonderfull things on etsy, and i was to late for a wonderful quilt a few weeeks ago ...): would you make such an color wheel quilt for sale, for me? As a big one?
Love, Anna

Thimbleanna said...

You're a Cutie!!! (And so it your baby!) I just found your blog -- very inspiring. I LOVE the colorwheel version of Joseph's Coat!

Kate said...

This is GORGEOUS!