Friday, March 12, 2010

Pillow Talk Swap

My Pillow Talk Swap from OneShabbyChick

Well, I had another great mail day yesterday when I opened this package from Corey of Little Miss Shabby!
The pillow is just beautiful and she has paid so much attention to all the little details and can you believe this was the first pillow she has ever made?!
My Pillow Talk Swap from OneShabbyChick

The little birds across the top and bottom are so cute... I like to think the mom and dad are at the top with their tree little ones across the bottom, just like in our family. :)
My Pillow Talk Swap from OneShabbyChick

The cathedral window insert is just wonderful! I was just working on one yesterday for one of the quilting bee groups that I am. I think they are quite tricky to get them looking nice!
My Pillow Talk Swap from OneShabbyChick
Corey also sent along a bag full of little rectangles (the ones you can see around the perimeter of the pillow)... hmm those have me thinking of a companion pillow to this one.
Thank you again, Corey! I appreciate all of the time and effort you have put into this pillow to make something special for me. You're wonderful and I love it!
~Jessica

20 comments:

Melanie said...

WOW. And great tasted in fabric too!

Domina said...

This is so bright and cheery! My grandma made a big cathedral window quilt, much of it is hand sewn. It always amazes me when I look at it. A pillow is a great idea to try this technique.

AJ said...

It's a beautiful pillow and I can't believe it's her first. She's quite talented.

edyB said...

lucky you ~ waht a beautiful gift and don't you just love those birdies!

A. said...

Holey moley! It's absolutely wonderful. I love the birds.

Valerie said...

I can't handle all of the CUTE!!!! Next time, I am signing up for a pillow swap. Seeing all of the gorgeous and creative pillows made me J-E-A-L-O-U-S!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That is wonderful. Corey did a great job!

D'Anne said...

Lucky you, what a beautiful pillow!!

Mel said...

So lovely! Can you point us in the direction of any tutorials for cathedral window inserts?

twin fibers said...

Hi everyone!
Our quilting bee is using the cathedral window tutorial from Christina over at the Sometimes Crafter. Here's the link to her tutorial: http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-cathedral-window.html
At the end of her post she has a list of other cathedral windows... I think Corey used the hyena in petticoats tutorial for this pillow.
Hope that gets you started!
:) Jessica

wishes, true and kind said...

What a pretty and creative pillow!

Make Do & Mend said...

Ohh its so pretty! I also love your baptism coat and dress below my daughters love that Anna Maria Fabric so much I think I may have to share it with them afterall now i've seen what lovely clothes it makes!

Little Miss Shabby said...

Thanks so much Jessica! I am very glad that you liked it--you were definitely a wonderful partner to have for this swap. =)

Sara said...

oh!!!! I love it! I want learn to made this!

Heather said...

corey did such an amazing job!! you're one lucky little duck!! can't wait for round 3!! :)

xo, Heather

AMIT said...

Hey just beautiful work.

data entry work from home

Tina said...

Lots of beauty here between the both of you! Just found your blog through flickr. I'll be checking back often to see what you guys are up to.

SummersDesigns said...

I'm jealous, that pillow is gorgeous!

maria said...

Hi, this has inspired me to have my first go at cathedral window. I love this cushion.

tanalicious said...

any chance of finding out what fabrics she used? they are so cute and i love the color scheme..