Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sew New to Me - Two Tone Baby Quilt

SNTM VQBee Quilt - Two Tone Baby Quilt

Yea, I actually have a finished quilt to show!
It was my month to send out fabrics in April for the Sew New to Me VQBee. I sent out two different Kona solids (Sky and Cloud) and asked for Denyse Schmidt "Drunk Love in a Cabin" inspired blocks.  Eveyone made such wonderful blocks, but the pictures of each individual block really were kind of blah. The colors just didn't show up well to show off the subtle difference in the fabrics, so I wasn't sure how it was all going to come together.
SNTM VQBee Quilt - Two Tone Baby Quilt
I absolutely adore the quilt now that it's sewn together and quilted! It really made a differenceto see the quilt top sewn together. I knew then that the subtle colors worked together; it makes for a quiet and peaceful quilt.
SNTM VQBee Quilt - Two Tone Baby Quilt

In the picture below, you can really see the pattern much better and how it looks in real life, to me. Many thanks to all of my Sew New to Me friends for all of the wonderful blocks!
SNTM VQBee Quilt - Two Tone Baby Quilt


SNTM VQBee Quilt - Two Tone Baby Quilt
For the quilting on this one, I wanted to try out some straight lines with a little bit variation and movement to them. It was simple and easy and went well with the design of the blocks.
So, thanks again to everyone for the wonderful blocks! I know the quilt will be enjoyed by my little guy for a long time!
~Jessica

9 comments:

Linda said...

This is very cool. I love the way you quilted it!

WillowBean said...

Wow, what a great quilt. I love it. And the quilting in lines is becoming one of my faves! Great job!

Leslie said...

this is really lovely...i always forget how pretty a solids quilt can be, and then a beautiful one like yours reminds me i should give solids a try.

r0ssie said...

beautiful

The WoodLand School said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I just want to grab a book and snuggle under the quilt. Mmmmm ... and maybe take a nap, too!

nettie said...

wow! i love this, it's on my list for my bees!

BaCreando said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh fantastic !!! I love you quilt ! Make me dream!

mo said...

The quilt is beautiful. I love the semi transparent photos of it too.

StitchSister said...

This is really elegant. Sometimes the "Drunk Love" blocks can look a little too messy and I think this one successfully marries the freeform style with just plain style. Well done.