Monday, June 14, 2010

Floral Bouquet Update

Floral Bouquet Quilt Top

Most of the quilt top is sewn together! It needs to be trimmed and then some of the extra pieces from the jelly roll get sewn together to form the border. I was surprised at how much lime green shows up in the quilt. I was hoping more of the pink and red would show up, but I think it will look ok anyway. Hopefully it will brighten up once the outside border is added.
Floral Bouquet Quilt Top
I like how the blocks are set on point. It's something a little different than what I have tried before. :)
K. started a new quilt project yesterday, too. I'll share some of that later this week!
~Jessica

13 comments:

Kate said...

I really like it!

Leslie said...

this is gorgeous...i love the lime green in it

euphoria said...

Just saw this on flickr- it is very beautiful! How big is it?

~Michelle~ said...

gorgeous!

Anna said...

I like this very much...the green didn't pop out so much to me. I really like how this turned out -- I have this jelly roll book with this pattern, which I have been eyeing, but have never made. I think you have inspired me!

Little Miss Shabby said...

This is beautiful Jessica!

backstitch said...

whoa! What are you doing totally changing my mind about this block?! I thought there was no way this block could ever be cool. *This* is totally cool. Thank you for posting this!

Domina said...

looks like tulips! Gorgeous!

A said...

This is gorgeous - I love the colours

jona said...

That is just GORGEOUS!! So happy and spring-y!

Nichole said...

this is really beautiful! i really like the pattern. it's a nice twist on a classic pattern.

amandajean said...

it's WONDERFUL! i love the mix of colors. so bright and cheerful on the white background.

Lynne W said...

So pretty! the colours really 'pop' on the white. I was thinking of making the all-green version of this from the book (called dinosaur footprints) for my dino-mad son.