Thursday, June 3, 2010

Its a "Dandy Lion"

 Its a "Dandy Lion" - flower loom picture
A few months ago I found this vintage Studio Twelve kit on Ebay and wondered how it would turn out... turns out to be pretty cute, I think!  This lion uses the Studio Twelve Multi Fleur flower loom to make the flowers for the lion's mane as well as some simple embroidery stitches for the body, tail, butterflies and leaves.  Everything was included in the kit - the wool yarn, printed backing and flower loom.  I think I'll look for more of these - it really went pretty quick once I started it and it looks so cute framed up. - Hope you enjoy- Jennifer
Its a "Dandy Lion" - flower loom picture Its a "Dandy Lion" - flower loom piture

5 comments:

Sew It Up Baby! said...

What an adorable lion. Your stitching is perfect :o)
Looking forward to see what others you will create.

ljc said...

Just think of all of the things that you could do with that, in all of the different colors! Another nice craft to have in your tool bag.

mo said...

So cute! It reminds me of something my sister and I had in our room growing up.

Sherry said...

This cracks me up - immediately reminded me of this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0140502181/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=054PPJ67RGXBP8QC1BV2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Love your blog,
sherry

Patrícia | Oh! Maria said...

own,, adorable!