Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wild Thing quilt in red, pink and aqua

 Wild Thing quilt in red, aqua and pink
So, lately I've been into red and aqua... we have recently re-done our house and moved our kids to one bedroom and I was trying to think of colors that could be either for a boy or girl.  I decided on going with the red and aqua theme for their bedroom- I think it is going to work out well.  We painted their walls aqua (which I love) and now I'm accessorizing with bits of red and aqua and a little pink thrown in for my little girl (only on "her" side of the room :) ).
Wild Thing quilt in red, aqua and pink
I purchased the Wild Thing pattern by Thimble Blossoms a while back and decided to make new quilts for the kids.  The quilt pictured is for my daughter - just got the border and backing fabrics in, so now I can complete this one.  I am really liking the pattern - it is quite easy to make and uses charm squares...  Check out Camille Roskelley's blog for more patterns by her or for more inspiration - she has a great blog and designs!  Now onto to more sewing...  Hope you have a great week! Jennifer

Note: I purchased quite a few of the fabrics from Kerri at Sew Deerly Loved Etsy shop- she has a great selection of red and aqua fabrics, plus quite a few fun Japanese prints - check 'em out!

14 comments:

Lynne said...

Tooooooooooooo pretty!

megan said...

I'm loving this! Such cute prints all together.

euphoria said...

what a happy quilt top! I love it, the colors are perfect!

audrey said...

Love it!! Aqua and red is my favorite color combo. Great job!

Domina said...

wow, we're on the same wavelength. I have a pinwheel quilt in the same aqua/red/hot pink colors in the works too! Like your version a lot! :)

Cristin said...

its gorgeous!!!! fabulous colors too!

whatktmadenext said...

L.o.v.e the fabrics!

Sew It Up Baby! said...

It's look great especially in those lovely colors. I'm hoping to get this pattern for my bday this year. Crossing my fingers :o)

Leslie said...

this looks so pretty....it is such a nice color combination

Jacki said...

I can't wait to see the finished room! I bet everything will look great!

ljc said...

pretty pretty pretty! You made a great color choice! And fun too.

SteffiD said...

I have been inspired - I bought a custom fabric bundle from fabricworm with the red/aqua theme. It's contagious! Some colors are just *meant* to be together in a quilt.

Thank you for the beautiful photos! The quilt is gorgeous :)

Kenna said...

I just did the nursery for my soon to be born baby girl in red and aqua....I used Lil Plain Jane aqua from michael miller. LOVE IT! :)

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Love the red, pink & aqua! I'm about to redecorate my 8 (soon to be 9) year old daughter's room and that is the color scheme she picked! Please share pics of your kids room. I'm a little iffy on painting the walls aqua but that is what she wants. Please share pics! Thanks! Jenn