Monday, August 9, 2010

Quilting Diva's

divas
I'm excited to be a part of the Quilting Diva's group on Flickr.
It's a new take on a virtual quilting bee and I'm really liking the idea! Maybe this idea isn't new, but it's new to me. The group runs a session for 8 weeks. Each person in the group picks out a block design that they would like to make and the colors for their quilt blocks.
I had fun putting together an inspiration mosaic for the colors I would like to have in the blocks that I receive (aqua blues, plum purples and lime greens).
Quilting Diva's Inspiration Mosaic

Jessica's Sample Block - Circle of Geese
I chose the circle of geese block and made one up to test out the pattern and my color combo. It's a paper piecing project and I haven't tried anything like that in quite a while. It's fun! I'll make one for everyone else in the group in the colors that they have chosen. I found this block through Christina at The Sometimes Crafter. She has a great tutorial for how to make the block and where to find the paper piecing templates here.
Here's the block that I made for Corey (Little Miss Shabby) in brown, blue and orange.

Circle of Geese Block for Corey
5 more blocks to make!
~Jessica

7 comments:

Little Lady Patchwork said...

All of it is inspiring!

Thanks for sharing,
Stefanie

Michelle said...

I love this block...I have to make some time to make one....thanks for directly us to the tutorial and I love your color combo...enjoyed visiting your blog

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Turned out great!

megan said...

Wow those are so pretty! I've been wanting to try that one for awhile.

Rebecca Johnson said...

Love your block!! Good luck with the rest! I have never participated in a virtual quilting bee.... maybe one day...Thank you for explaining...I must be the last person on blog land to figure out exactly how it works...I guess you gotta learn somewhere..so thanks!! Fabulous blog by the way!! xx

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Beautifully pieced! I so want to try piecing that block - wonderful inspiration.

Rita

Angela said...

gorgeous blocks! I've done a couple of them in the past, and they are time consuming but well worth it!