Thursday, September 30, 2010

Diamond Chain Quilt

Diamond Chain Quilt - quilted
Here's one of those projects that I started this past summer and never got around to finishing or blogging about. I found it again yesterday and thought it might be an easy thing to complete. I'm feeling the need to finish something around here.
Diamond Chain Quilt - ready for binding
I had the quilt top sewn together, I just needed to sandwich it and get it ready for quilting.
Diamond Chain Quilt - flannel backing
Here's a little peek at the back.
I used a super soft flannel with a cute little bird print on it.
I've got an soft orange colored print picked out for the binding, hopefully that will compliment the other colors nicely.
I hope to show the completed quilt tomorrow, then I'll let you know exactly what fabrics are in it and the overall size (it's baby quilt size). The pattern is something I made up (and I'll share that, too).
Now, I'm off to make some supper and quilt binding.
~Jessica

17 comments:

angela said...

Cool! Love that pattern

J said...

Really beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing the pattern.

Janet

traceyjay said...

I'm not usually one for really graphic designs, but I love this! Very pretty. (I've been feeling the need to finish something lately too!)

Melanie said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to get the pattern, it looks really great.

Doreen , Houston, MN said...

A graphic pattern would not be my first choice, but this one is so cute! Been looking for something different to use up some 'stash'. Looking forward to seeing the pattern.

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Oh it's so pretty! The fabric colors/patterns work very well w/ the geometric design.

Beth said...

Love it! I think a quilt along is in order!

peppermintpatcher said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt.

Leslie said...

this is fabulous. i love the solids!

Nina... said...

Stunning! So bright and crisp!

Rachel Hauser said...

What a very nice design!

Evelyn said...

So pretty! Can't wait to see it with the binding, and to hear more about the pattern!

Annelies said...

Can't wait for you to share the pattern....LOVE IT!!!! You are so kind to share your talent.

Linda said...

What a pretty quilt. I love the pattern!

Sara said...

Awww! Wonderful!!! well done!

Domina said...

Oh, Jess, this is gorgeous!! Flannel sounds soo good this time of year, doesn't it? I've been starting way too many projects lately and finishing none.

Lisa ONeill said...

Beautiful quilt - love the simplicity of the design and your use of solids to make the big impact!