Monday, September 13, 2010

do. Good Stitches and {Urban} Home Goods Swap

Jennifer and I were recently contacted by the lovely Alecia about a quilting bee that she is in and they were looking for a "quilter" to join the group. Now, I really didn't need to take on another project at the moment, but this one seemed to speak to me. I've thought a lot about what I can do with my love for sewing and quilting to help and bless other people, and Alecia's e-mail seemed to give me the kick I needed to get going.
The do. Good Stitches group was begun by Rachel of Stitched in Color and there are several different groups within the larger group. I'm in the "Faith" group and am a "quilter"... meaning that I'll plan a quilt a few times each year, assemble the quilt blocks that are sent to me from the other members, quilt, bind and deliver a beautiful quilt to a child in need associated with my church. I love this idea.
We've gotten started in September with Jennifer's cross blocks that she requested in aqua/teal and yellow. This quilt will be going to a mother and her 1 yr. old son. Jennifer also put together a tutorial for the cross block, if you are interested.

Urban Home Goods Swap from Sarah - Stash Resolution
I also received a wonderful package from Sarah of Stash Resolution as part of the {Urban} Home Goods Swap. She sent me this wonderful sewing machine cover and all these other goodies! I really wanted a sewing machine cover and am so happy to have this one as mine! Sarah used linen and some Hope Valley prints to create the cover and it ties on the sides with ribbons. perfect!
Urban Home Goods Swap from Sarah - Stash Resolution
She also included a bunch of other goodies... some Freshcut fabric, 2 flower pins, a bird, a hexagon pincushion and some adorable flower pins!
Thanks again, Sarah!
~Jessica

4 comments:

Vickie E said...

Wowza lucky you...great swap package!!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Beautiful blocks! I made my cross blocks last night. I'll be sharing them soon :)

Domina said...

I love the quilt for others idea. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Colleen Greene said...

I love those cross blocks! I'm starting a similar group, a ministry at much church, so I look forward to following your group more.

- Made by Colleen