Wednesday, September 29, 2010

more Baby-in-the-Hood Jackets... with ruffles!

Baby-in-the-Hood Jacket
 Ever since I saw the adorable Baby-in-the-Hood Jacket that Jessica had made for her son, I knew I had to try and make one (or two) for my little girl!  Since I'm a sucker for all things girlie and ruffled, I added ruffles along the bottom edge of both coats as well as ruffles on the coat sleeves on one of the coats.  I tell you, this jacket pattern is great- if you have a little one who needs a fall coat (or one for next Spring), this is great one!  It fits really well and is super adorable too!  This one is made from some Anna Maria Horner fabric with accents of Flea Market Fancy fabric.  The lining fabric is from a local fabric store and I don't happen to remember the name and designer.
Baby-in-the-Hood Jacket back
The second jacket is made from a floral fabric piece that Jessica had found at the thrift store recently - can you believe it!?!  I though it was great and paired it with a couple Jennifer Paganelli prints and flower shaped buttons- just perfect for a little girl! - Jennifer
Baby-in-the-Hood Jacket back

10 comments:

Our Busy Little Bunch said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

Beautiful! When do you have time to sew? When mine were that age, I barely had time to feed myself :-O. Beautiful baby! BTW, I just found this blog, and I'm a twin too (girl/boy) :-).

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, I wish my children were little again!

Cynthia said...

It is beautiful! What is the name of the pattern?

midnight hysteria said...

lovely ... i want to make some for my grandkids ... btw ... if you don't have kids to sew for and you have kids, hang on for the grands ... they make life wonderful ...

Angela said...

Are you kidding me? I can't even get over how cute these are! I'm going to have to get you to make me one for Finley. Maybe I can pay ya in fabric. ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute :) ...oh, and the jacket is too! Aunt Jan

traceyjay said...

these are awesome... so so so cute. :)

Rachel Hauser said...

So beautiful - the jackets and the baby! Great photographs too.

Jacki said...

Very cute! I love the model!