Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a sneak peek and a few other things

I've been sewing and sewing away this past week. I'm all excited about this challenge with Jennifer! Here's what some piles of fabrics looked like earlier in the week. It's all quite a bit different now and I'm really happy because I almost have the quilt top sewn together! Things like school, soccer, laundry and meals have to be made and done in between the sewing frenzy!
Circle of Geese block for Colleen
I also managed to finish up the last block for the Quilting Diva's group! Phew... those blocks take a long time to make. I got it down to a little over 1.5 hours for the last few blocks! I know all of the other ladies in the group spent a long time on their blocks, too. I'll have a teriffic quilt to put together in the near future.
Here are all the blocks I made for the group:
All of my Circle of Geese Blocks - for the Quilting Diva's
and here are a few more blocks that I made to go in my quilt using up some of the scraps and strips of fabric that I cut for the Sun Rays block...
(above: pattern based off the two pillows, seen here)

Some people have also asked about the pattern for the Floral Medallion blocks. I'll work on making a tracing of what I did and I'll share that in the near future, ok! I have those blocks ready to be quilted, but those got set aside in order to work on the quilting challenge quilt. :)
~Jessica

12 comments:

kelly said...

oooh, the third from the bottom with the green is GORGEOUS! i can't wait to see it finished!

Elena said...

I'm super excited to see how this turns out! There aren't many lines with the same print in so many colors. I bet this would work great with AB Full Moon Dots. Hmm... like I need yet another idea to add to my stash! lol

Leslie said...

these blocks are gorgeous~

Weatherbee ;) said...

LOVE the blocks! Each one is amazing! :) I can't wait to see the final product!!

Great job.

Lisa said...

I am waiting on pins and needles to see what you guys come up with! I LOVE that fabric, too, and have it in a few colors. I didn't realize it came in quite so many, though!

Rachel Hauser said...

I'm so curious to see what you do with all that Meadowsweet goodness!

Karen said...

Whew...you are so productive!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Angie said...

Sneaky Sneak peak...I am waiting on a couple more FQ to come in so that I can join. I am trying to decide now what quilt block I want to make with these yummy fabrics......hmmmm

Marit said...

Thank you for sharing - so much eye candy!
I love the way you put your scraps into the 16 patch block - have to try that, sometime...
; )

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Wow - the blocks for the quilting diva group are amazing!!

Angela said...

your blocks are so pretty, i bet you are so relieved to have them done. and the meadowsweet is looking great, i'm excited to see what the two of you come up with!

corinne said...

Can I use your flower medallion idea to made blocks?