Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a twin fibers Quilting Challenge

Henna Garden Fabric Stack
Ok, Jennifer, are you out there?! I've got a little challenge for you!
I think we've talked before about how much we like the Henna Garden fabric print from Sandi Henderson, so I've managed to acquire all of the colors that she's had it printed in.
Henna Garden Fabric Row
I'm going to cut each of us a fat quarter of all 12 colors and I would like to see what you come up with for a little quilt. I'll do the same with my fat quarters and we can meet here in a few weeks to see how things are progressing. ok?!
Henna Garden Fabric Stack
Let's plan on using whatever solid color fabrics you want in your quilt and see what you come up with.
Being twins, I thought it might be fun to see what we're inspired to make using the same printed fabric. Will we come up with something similar or vastly different? I know we've been know to wear and purchase some very similar clothing at times!

... if you're interested in playing along, we'd love to have you join in!
You could surprise a friend with 12 fat quarters and challenge each other to make a quilt with them, just like what I'm doing here with Jennifer
-or-
You could challenge yourself to take 12 fat quarters and see what you come up with.

Here's the details of my quilting challenge with Jennifer:
We each get 12 fq's of the Henna Garden fabrics
Add any solid color fabrics that you like
Meet back here... say Oct. 6 to reveal a plan or show your sewing progress on your quilt
The quilt can be any size; small or large

Ok, Jennifer, are you ready to get started?!
~Jessica

**if anyone else is interested in joining in, I'd be glad to set up a flickr group to share with each other what we're working on.

17 comments:

megan said...

Sounds like fun! I wish there was a shop who had FQ bundles of all of those henna garden prints - so beautiful!

QuiltyGirl said...

What a fun idea! I have a fq set of weekends, but i don't have the time to join in right now. Maybe I will find inspiration from what you come up with, though.

Jane said...

This looks like fun!
I have almost all of those except for 2.
What is the orange with the ivory called?
I have the Melon but have never seen the orange and ivory.

Domina said...

Love your fabrics! I'd love to join but can't - I'm sewing an Elizabethan costume for myself for Reformation day. :)

Hollie said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see what you two create.

ktquilts said...

Hahahah!! I thought that I was the only nut!! I have them all, but a whole yard each!!! Love them!!

Leila said...

Ahh! I didn't know there were 12 different colors of the Henna. I am in LOVE. Whatever you do will be beautiful!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

oh, what a cool challenge. LOVE IT!

courtney*adele said...

love the fabric~ whose fabric is it?? love your challenge idea! anyone in blogland want to do it with me??

Jodie said...

Beautiful fabrics and a great idea - I can't wait to see what you each come up with. And LUCKY sister to get this palette in the mail! :)

cilla rule said...

great idea love to see the results. Have just got started on a project using the second Far Far Away range of fabrics wil keep you posted

Angie said...

I would love to join. Where did you get those Henna Garden fabrics. They are yummy and I want some too :-) I have an Idea in mind for mine already....Fun!

Sara said...

Aww! I love the colors and the design!

Rachel Hauser said...

They are soooooo pretty together. Who can resist a rainbow? Looking forward to seeing this.

Jacki said...

Great idea Jess! It will be so cool to to see what you two create!

Beautiful fabrics! I love them!!

Little Miss Shabby said...

I love these Jessica! I never thought about using all of the henna prints together but they look just stunning. =) Can't wait to see what you two come up with!

mallorymurray said...

How fun! Those fabrics are beautiful!