Tuesday, October 19, 2010

finishing up projects...

Bee Hexed In - block for Brioni : complete
I finished up the machine stitching on my block for Brioni yesterday. Wow, what a block! What I think will be interesting, is to see what kind of borders or sashing is added to the blocks to make them into a quilt. Or maybe, none at all? And, I'm also thinking, how do you quilt something like this? Do you just stitch over all the hexagons or go around them? Anyway, I'm just thinking outloud here... I have lots of time until I have to deal with that. :)
image6
I also purchased some flannel for the backing of my Henna Garden quilt and got that in last week.
I chose the cherries print from the Farmers Market collection. My daughter doesn't like it at all (oh well... she would probably only like something with peace signs all over it anyway!). I thought it worked ok, some of the colors are the same and I really liked the print. This also has to be the softest flannel ever, it's sure to be nice and warm for this fall and winter!
Henna Garden Quilt - backing fabric
So, I'm just working on hand stitching the binding. One more side to go and then it will be done! Hopefully it will be completed by the end of the week.
Hope you have a great day!
~Jessica

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think the backing fabric will be perfect for that quilt! It really looks nice with the top. And flannel is so awesome for backings! They make it so soft and cuddly!

Quiltjane said...

I Love the hexagon block.

FabricandFlowers said...

Oh my goodness....I LOVE the hexagon block!!!!